http://usalug.org

Friday, November 10, 2006

Another Blog dedicated to Linux

Greetings, I figure that I'll introduce myself now. I'm Trey, though many at the forums I frequent know me as coastie. As my nick points out I am in the U.S. Coast Guard. I am currently stationed in New Orleans, LA, home of the Hurricane Katrina Blunders. Things here in the "Big Easy" are getting back to "normal" I guess.

I've been using Linux exclusively (when I'm not at work) for about 3 yrs. I am a forum administrator for 3 online forums, and a major contributor to another. Hopefully you've heard of at least one of them. I found USALUG when I first made that jump into Linux land, and am still a major contributor there for both questions and answers (though most of my posts are questions though). This past Spring I was asked to be an admin for OpenSuse.US, this forum is a child of USALUG. Upon getting that, I also was made an admin at BashScripts.org. I have to admit though that I'm still learning BASH scripting. This past Spring also brought about the beginnings of Ulteo, Gael Duval's new project. I became a member at Ulteo.org, which is no longer, when USALUG started working on a Ulteo.US (which is now mainly a pastebin), I joined in on that venture. We contacted some of Gael's folks to let them know that we started it. I suddenly found myself as an admin at the newly created forums at Ulteo.com.

Some of the Distros that I have been able to successfully install. I first found myself trying out Knoppix - who hasn't right? I then ordered a copy of Mandrake 9.0 I believe. A member at USALUG sent me a copy of Suse 9.1, and I was hooked. I thought Mandrake was nice, but Suse was more for me. After that I've installed Suse 9.2, and 10.0 on my laptop. I have also installed Knoppix, Slax, Slackware, Arch, *buntu, PCLinuxOS, and FoX Linux.

No comments: